European Coordination Via Campesina invites the European and national press to attend a virtual press conference to discuss carbon sequestration and more specifically the Commission Communication on carbon farming.
In the context of the informal meeting of agriculture ministers in Strasbourg on 7 and 8 February, European Coordination Via Campesina invites the European and national press to attend a virtual press conference to discuss carbon sequestration and more specifically the Commission Communication on carbon farming, a central topic of the ministerial meeting.
ECVC clearly supports the need for major changes in public agricultural policies in order to reach the ambitious and essential climate targets of the Green Deal and build fair and sustainable food systems to fight against climate change.
Five speakers from different European agricultural contexts will address this topic, focusing on the various axes of impact of carbon farming.
- Morgan Ody, ECVC Coordinating Committee, and representative of La Confédération paysanne, France
- Andoni Garcia Arriola, ECVC Coordinating Committee, member of EHNE Bizkaia and COAG, Basque country and Spain
- Xenia Brandt, representative of AbL, Germany
- Attila Szocs, ECVC Coordinating Committee, member of Eco Ruralis Romania
- Nicolas Girod, Spokesperson for La Confédération paysanne, France
However, for this transition to happen effectively and to avoid causing even more unexpected climate and social damage, small-scale farmers insist on a proper and holistic agroecological approach including ensuring fair prices for farmers and funding ecosystem services with public and not private funds.
EN, ES, FR
More news and events