Where: Zoom Meeting: ID: 83853938750, Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83853938750
When: 17 June 2021, 11:00-12:00 CET
What: In the context of the mobilisation of thousands of farmers in Lisbon on 14 June, organised and attended by ECVC members to demand a fairer CAP, we invite journalists at European and national levels to participate in a press conference to better understand the position of small-scale farmers ahead of the upcoming crucial CAP reform negotiations in late June.
The following topics will be addressed:
– CAP and the Green Deal, the Biodiversity and Farm to Fork Strategies
– Redistributive payments and National Strategic Plans
– The Common Market Organisation (CMO) regulation
– Support for small-scale farms
– Social conditionality
- Attila Szocs, Coordinating Committee of ECVC and Eco Ruralis, Romania
- Morgan Ody, Coordinating Committee of ECVC and member of La Confédération Paysanne, France
- Andoni Garcia Arriola, Coordinating Committee of ECVC and member of COAG and EHNE Bizkaia, Spain
- Pier Francesco Pandolfi de Rinaldis, Representative of the ECVC Youth Articulation and member of ARI, Italy
- Adelia Vilas Boas, representing CNA, Portugal, organisers of the recent farmers’ demonstration in Lisbon
Moderated by: Alisha Sesum, Communications Officer for ECVC
Interpretation: The press conference will be held in English, French and Spanish, with interpretation.
Please confirm your participation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.